Coronavirus – Staying Safe in the Studio
Following “Freedom Day” on 19 July 2021, due to the high rate of Coronavirus infections some measures are being retained in the studio for everyone’s safety, notably social distancing and reduced capacity will still be in place.
Here is what you need to know to practice yoga safely:
- Masks are optional in reception and off your mat
- Please respect other peoples space in reception and off your mat
- On arrival wash or sanitise your hands
- Please bring your own equipment if possible
- Place your mat centrally on a numbered space, facing the long back wall of the studio
- Ventilation means it may be chillier – bring a blanket
- If you have the NHS Track and Trace App,please turn your phone off to avoid generating false proximity warnings in the shoe and bag cubbyholes
And finally, if you have Coronavirus symptoms, or feel unwell, stay home… …but you knew that!
Sanitisation and Ventilation
Here are some of the things I have done to make the studio safe:
- Air filters with Hepa and UV.
- Forced air ventilation for when windows cannot be open.
- 30 day anti-viral and anti-bacterial surface protection.
- Enhanced cleaning.
The studio has been measured to have a capacity of 10 plus teacher with 2m+ social distancing, allowing for a little over 2m as a minimum person to person – minimum 2.2m, more in many directions. In addition the mats are laid out so that all clients are facing the same way and not breathing onto each other.
This assumes people stay on their mats, and move on a synchronised basis, eg everyone sits at centre of mat, everyone moves to laying, everyone comes to standing at front of mat.
The 2m doesn’t apply head to neighbours’ feet when laying, but you don’t breathe through your feet!
Please bring your own equipment where possible.
If you are using studio equipment:
- please sanitise mats and blocks after use – sanitisation equipment is provided.
- please place a pillowcase (provided) over bolsters, and put the pillowcase in the laundry bin at class end.
- please place any used straps in laundry bin.
- blankets and mat toppers are not available at present, sorry.
Please observe the numbered spaces, to ensure Social Distancing and best use of space.
In classes with lower attendance numbers, your teacher may change the layout. Please follow their guidance.mats
If you have any concerns, or experience Coronavirus symptoms after class, please contact Jessica Garbett – firstname.lastname@example.org