I hope you have had a good summer. I have been walking, well a few months after knee replacement more wobbling, around the Island in ten mile stages. Fresh air is tonic for the soul.
Anyway schools are back next week, the nights are drawing in, and we have a brief window of – hopefully – finer weather before Autumn. And then I suppose its Christmas…
I’d like to give you an update about classes and events at Yinspire as we move into late summer.
Yin Yoga with Jessica
My evening class schedule remains unchanged for the autumn:
- Monday 5pm and 7pm
- Tuesday 6:30pm
I am also offering a new Wednesday Morning Therapeutic Yoga Class on September 11, 18, 25; October 2,9, 23; November 6, 13 2019 – a combination of Yin Yoga, Restorative Yoga, Breath Work and Sitting Practices. Floor based. A quiet and slow class, ideal for stress, worry, anxiety, back pain and similar.
Class subscriptions and Class passes valid for all these sessions.
Monday 7pm and Tuesday 6:30om are quite busy – better availability Monday 5pm and the Wednesday morning class
Bookings for classes with Jessica
I also have three “Pure Yin” Saturdays and two workshops this autumn:
- Saturdays 12 October, 9 November and 21 December “Pure Yin” – a two hour Saturday morning Pure Yin class Book Here Please book these early, they get busy
- Saturday 19 October 2019 – Chakras and the Energy Body – A two hour Saturday morning workshop looking at Chakras and related aspects of the energy body – an outline of the broad concepts, and practices to work and enhance with the energy body. This workshop is ideal if your energy is low or you are struggling with stress or emotional conditions.
- Saturday 16 November 2019 – Tackling Stress with Yoga – Sometimes it seems stress is all around us in modern life. In fact stress itself is neutral; its our reaction to stress that causes dis-ease. And, of course, Stress tends to go hand in hand with its sisters Anxiety and Depression. In this workshop we will look at the physiology of stress, and simple yoga techniques to help us manage better. A mix of talk, some physiology, practice and sitting, suitable for all.
Class subscriptions and Class passes valid for these sessions.
Looking ahead to 2020 I hope to be starting a regular daytime Yoga Therapy focused class, and maybe a daytime Yin class subject to demand. I also hope to be running, in a daytime slot, the Minded Yoga 8 Week Course for Stress, Anxiety and Depression. Do let me know if you want to advance register for these and maybe express preferences on day and time.
Most of you will know I am a qualified Yoga Therapist (Yoga Therapy for Mental Health, Minded Institute, London), and my professional interests cover:
- Stress, anxiety and confidence
- Back complaints
- Long term rehabilitation and adaptation from injury and surgery (physical, and psycho emotional)
- Digestive health
This list is not exclusive – I am happy to work with most physical, mental and emotional issues, and will tell you honestly if I feel I cannot add value to any particular situation. Some other conditions where Yoga Therapy is considered beneficial include: Depression, Parkinsons, Dementia/ Alzheimer’s, Immune Conditions, Chronic Pain Conditions, PTSD, ADHD, Schizophrenia, Eating Disorders, Addictions, Digestive Health, Asthma / COPD, support during Cancer treatment, Chronic Fatigue.
Yoga Therapy adapts Yoga to assist in working with specific conditions and complaints, and in particular enabling and nurturing individuals own capacity for healing on a BioPsychoSocial basis. In all honesty there are not many conditions where Yoga Therapy cannot provide some assistance though breath, mindfulness and relaxation.
I weave elements of Yoga Therapy into most of my classes, and offer Private Yoga Therapy Classes as well.
My training with Minded Institute meets the criteria of the British Council for Yoga Therapy and the Complimentary and Natural Healthcare Council (CNHC). I am registered with CNHC number 000046-F19
I’m in the process of launching a seperate website for this work – keep an eye out, but meanwhile please like and follow @IsleofWightYogaTherapy on Facebook
Book a Private Yoga Therapy or Back Care Class
Regular Schedule at Yinspire
As well as my Yin Classes there is a programme of regular Yoga and Pilates Classes at Yinspire. This is the Late Summer Schedule – please contact the teacher directly for information and bookings:
- Zen Yoga with Anne – Tuesday mornings
- Pilates with Penny – Wednesday and Friday mornings
- Yoga with Peter – Wednesday evenings (Peter is on holiday for all of September, classes restart early October)
- Tuesday evening Bihar Style Hatha Yoga with Susan
- Gentle Yoga and Yoga Nidra with Susan – Thursday mornings
- Chair Yoga with Susan – Thursday mornings
- Power Yoga for All with Emma – Thursday evenings
Please see the Schedule page on our website for full details and teacher contacts
Workshops, Course and Events
There is a busy schedule of weekend workshops this autumn:
- Saturdays 7 September and 2 November -Sivananda Saturday with Della
- Saturday 14 September – Clean with Essential Oils – Susan
- Saturday/Sunday 21/22 – Reiki level 1 with Susan
- Saturdays 28 September, 27 October, 23 November and 13 December – Half Day Retreats with Lisa
- Saturday 5 October, Sundays 3 November and 8 December – Zen Mini Retreats with Anne
- Saturdays 26 October, 30 November, 7 December – Spines and Space with Peter
Anne has a selection of Thursday evening Mindfulness courses and workshops – contact her direct
I hope to see you on a mat over coming weeks